I was trying to think of what to tell you all about, and I have decided that THE ROASTED POTATO FRIES are the answer.
|Let the drooling commence|
Roasted Potato Fries are Cameron's new favorite snack, and so we associate them with lots of memories :) Other snacks have come and go, like The Great Salt and Vinegar Chips Experiment (see below), but these have stood the test of time! Well...three months time.
|The Great Salt and Vinegar Chips Experiment Before and After!|
Now...for the stars of the show. These Roasted Potato Fries are:
- Shareable: It's so easy to adjust the amount you make! And you can share them from the same bowl with your significant other :)
- Budget Friendly: In todays economy, it doesn't get much more affordable than potatoes.
- Easy: No fancy ingredients or appliances, we've made these all over, from Israel to Brazil.
- Versatile: Middle Eastern to Italian, all you do is change the spice mix!
- Delicious: Or so Cameron says :)
THE Roasted Potato Fries
Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
Roasting Pan or Cookie Sheet
Note: These are the spices for the bare bones version, you can always throw in your favorites! I love to add some red pepper flakes, rosemary, or this specialty Norwegian salt mix that I bought in Nice, France :D It makes the potatoes taste FANCY!
1.) Wash the Potatoes. Not that I actually always DO this, but you know, details.
2.) Slice the potatoes. Obviously, potato sizes vary, so adjust your slicing so that they end up DELICIOUS (i.e. about 1/4 inch at the thickest.)
3.) Toss with Olive Oil and Seasonings. Use just enough Olive Oil to coat the potatoes and use your hands and rub it in there. Don't pile them, or else they will be terrible and I will take no complaints ;)
4.) Roast Away: Crank that oven to 425* F -ish and take them out when they are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside! I check by pulling one out and cutting it in half when they look done.
5.) Consume with a loved one while watching Shark Tank, Chopped, or The Biggest Loser! This is the best part of course ;)
Mrs. Alyne Tamir Manwaring